A) Rewrite the sentences with although, however and in spite of/despite.
1. Edinburgh is historic city but it is still very lively.
Although Edinburgh is a historic city, it is still very lively. Edinburgh is a histroic city. However, it is still very lively.
In spite of/Despite being a histroic city, Edniburgh is still very lively.
Te trzeba zrobić tak jak powyżej, ale nie umiem i tak tego pomimo przykładu.
2. We phoned in advance but we couldn't get beds at the hostel.
3. I went along Princes Street but I couldn't find a suitable gift.
4. Edinburgh is close to the English border but still has a unique Scottish character.
b) Complete the sentences in any way you like.
1. Although the sports centre has lots of new equipment,...
Although the sports centre has lots of new equipment, there are no tennis courts.
Te już trzeba zrobić i też nie umiem.
2. ... . However, I hate the architecture.
3. In spite of ... , we hardly ever go swimming in the sea.
4. I like wearing jeans although ... .
5. The new shopping mall is a long way from the centre. However, ... .
Proszę o pilną pomoc bo to na jutro.!