Zadania z czasem Past Simple.
1. Complete the text with the Past Simple form of the verbs in brackets.
My young cousin, Ben, started school last year. There ________ (be) fifteen children in his class. In the first lesson, the teacher ______ (read) a story. Then, the children _________ (look) at some pictures and _________ (write) the alphabet.
After the lesson, the children ________ (go) into the playground.
They _________ (wear) their coats because it was cold. My cousin _________ (think) it _________ (be) home time. He _________
(walk) out of the playground and _________ (look) for his mum.
My aunt ________ (not be) there so he _________(sit) on the grass and _________ (wait) for a bus. Luckily he _________ (not have) any money and the bus driver _________ (take) him back to school.
What evening, his parents asked him, '________ you ________ (leave) the playground this morning?'
'Yes, I ________ (do). How do yoy know?'
'Your teacher _________ (phone) us!'.
2. Put the words in the correct order to make Past Simple questions.
1. live with? / did Harry Potter / Who
2. write / Did / the Harry Potter books? / Agatha Christie
3. film? / the first / was / Harry Potter / When
4. did / live? / Oliver Twist / Where
5. did / write Oliver Twist ? / Charles Dickens / When
6. his / live / Oliver Twist / family? / Did / with
3. Match the questions in Exercise 2 with the short answers. There is one extra answer.
a. No, he didn't.
b. in the 1830s
c. Yes, they did.
d. No, she didn't.
e. in London
f. in 2001
g. his aunt, uncle and cousin
4. Use the prompts to write Past Simple sentences.
2. They / see / their friendst at the weekend
3. She / speak / her friend at eight o'clock las night.
4. He / start / learning the guitar in July.
5. They / have / a party on 5th May.
6. Last year, we / go / holiday in the autumn.
7. Yesterday, I / do / my homework in the morning.
5. Complete the student reporter's questions.
Paula: Hi, I'm Paula. Do you mind if I ask you some questions for our class magazine?
Charlie: No, I don't mind.
Paula: OK, first question: ¹__________ ?
Charlie: My name's Charlie Hopper.
Paula: Hi Charlie, I'm Paula. Now, next question: ²____________ ?
Charlie: My last school was in Cambridge.
Paula: ³________________________ ?
Charlie: Yes, I did. I liked it very much.
Paula: ⁴_________________________ ?
Charlie: I left in July after my exams.
Paula: __________________________ ?
Charlie: My family moved here because my mother had a new job.
Paula: Tell me a bit about your old school.
Charlie: We studied the usual subjects- Maths, English, French.
Paula: ₇___________________________ ?
Charlie: No, they weren't strickt- but they were quite serious.
Paula: One more question- have you got a girlfriend?
Charlie: No, I haven't but I'm looking for one.
Wiem, dużo tego ale proszę o pomoc :)