A) Underline the nouns which best match the phrasal verbs.
1. look for -> your keys/the weekend
2. call back -> milk/a friend
3. look forward to -> the weekend/a friend
4. look after -> some bread/a child
5. put away -> a house/your clothes
6. lock up -> a house/your keys
7. pick up -> some bread/the weekend
8. run out of -> a child/milk
b) complete the notes with phrasal verbs from exercise a).
I've gone to Anna's to 1) _________ the baby while she goes to the hairdresser's. We've 2) __________ coffee, so I'll 3) _________ a few packets on the way home. 4) __________ to seeing you for dinner. It's your turn to cook, I'm afraid! Magde.
It looks like you aren't coming back so I've 5) __________ the books. I didn't 6) _________ the office, because I haven't got my keys. Jules said he'll 7) ________ the CD you wanted and when he finds it, he'll bring it in. Paula called and said she wants you to 8) _________ in the morning.