Imagine you are studying at a language school in the UK, USA or Australia. Write an e-mail to an English-speaking friend.
1. Use the questions in the Writing Help to think of ideas.
Writing Help : Getting Ideas for e-mails, letters and postcards.
- First, think about the situation you are in: Where are you? What are you doing? What is the place like?
- Think about the letter: Why are you writing? Who are you writing to? What is that person interested in?
- Think of news: What did you do yesterday/ last week? Did you enjoy it? What was it like?
2. Write your e-mail. Write about:
- your trip to the UK, USA or Australia
- the school, classes and teachers
- new friends
- a reason to finish the letter.
Remember to include linking words.
3. Check your e-mail for spelling, grammar and linking words.