Choose the correct tenses
1. Dad broke/was breaking a glass while he was doing/had done the washing up.
2. The ground was wet when I was leaving/left the house in the morning. It rained/had rainded during the night.
3. 'Why were you out the rain'? 'I brought/was bringing in the washing'.
4. When I arrived/was arriving home, my mum helped/had helped me with my homework.
5. After we worked/had worked for an hour, we stopped/were stopping for a rest.
6. Tom was driving/had driven home when he was crashing/srashed the car.
7. My dad was getting up/got up, had/was having breakfast and went/had gone to work.
8. I had/was having to headache because I wasn't eating/ hadn't eaten since the day before.
Complete the text. Use the past simple, the past continuous and the past perfect form of the verb in brackets.
It was about a week after my third birthday. My aunt 1.(give) me a new doll as a present and while I 2.(play) with it, I 3.(notice) that my dolls were all quite dirty in comparsion. I 4.(decide) to give them a bath. When I 5.(wash) them all, I 6.(take) them outside and 7.(put) them on the grass. I was a warm day and the sun 8.(shine). While I 9.(wait) for the dolls to dry. I 10.(hear) a shout from inside, so I 11.(look) in through the window. Water 12.(pour) down from the kitchen ceiling onto the floor. I 13.(not turn) the taps off in the bathroom. I remember that my dad was really angry because he 14.(decorate) the kitchen the previous week.
Z góry bardzo dziękuję. ;)