1. Rewrite the sentences replacing the words in italics with the correct form of have to.
- The law says that you must wear a seat belt in a car.
- You don't need to study every night.
- It's necessary to do what the teacher says.
- It was necessary for me to phone the doctor.
- The law says that you must buy a ticket when you catch a train.
- They didn't need to wait long for a bus.
2.Match the beginnings with endings.
You have to...
1. be at the airport a. to win the competition.
2. be on time b. an hour before talk-off.
3. get all the answers right c. in a supermarket.
4. pass an examination d. for your lessons.
5. pay at the check-out e. when you're in a car.
6. wear a seat belt f. before you can go to university.
3. Complate the phrases with these verbs.
catch, do, lay, make, pass
1.___ the table
2.___ the ironing
3.___ a train
4.___ an exam
5.___ the bed
6.___ the shopping
7.___ a list
8.___ the washing up