Present Perfect vs Past Simple
Zadanie 1. Underline the correct alternative.
1. I was/have been too tired yesterday to do any housework.
2. I don't remember that book well. I read/have read it many years ago.
3. We didn't see/haven't seen her since Christmas.
4. His collection of stamps is really impressive. I wonder how many he collected/has collected so far.
5. We couldn't get anywhere near the stage during the concert because the hall was/has been so crowded.
6. It's a really long time since he last visited/has visited us.
7. A: Mum, I'm hungry.
B: Kate! You ate/have eaten no more than a few minutes ago.
8. A: I don’t feel well.
B: That's because you ate/have eaten so many chocolates!
9. She was/has been afraid of dogs since Blackie, our uncle's dog, bit/has bitten her.
10. I was/have been ill last week.
zadanie 2. Put the verbs below into the gaps and complete the short answers as in the example.
Example: What about your homework ? Have you finished it ? Yes, I have.
did , was , were , have , has
1. I'm back at last! __________ John call while I was out? No, he __________.
2. __________ she surprised to hear the news? Yes, she __________.
3. Where's Sean? __________he left yet ? Yes, he __________.
4. I suppose you got back quite late last night. __________ your parents worried?
Yes, they __________.
5. I don't think I know that man in the corner. __________ you seen him before?
No, I __________.
zadanie 3.Napisz pytania szczegółowe do podkreślonych części zdania.
He lived in Italy for five years. Then he moved to Greece.
He has lived in Greece for two years.
I've already spent 40$ this week.
We spent the night at a small guesthouse.
She phoned only a few minutes ago.
I've known them since we were kids.
zadanie 4.Put the verbs in the brackets in the correct forms of Present Perfect or Past Simple.
1. Mary and Frank (a) __________ (have) their first argument yesterday. It's surprising because they (b) __________ (be) married for five years.
2. We (c) __________ (visit) some interesting places yesterday but we (d) __________ (not see) the lighthouse yet.
3. Kate (e) __________ (have) a car crash last year. She (f) __________ (be) afraid to drive ever since.
4. John (g) __________ (not have) a single sweet since he (h) __________ (stop) eating sweets last month.
5. Greg likes games. He (i) __________ (collect) lots of cards to play those games. He also (j) __________ (go) to a special camp last summer.
zadanie 5.Używając czasów Present Perfect i Past Simple, połącz podane zdania za pomocą spójnika since.
I hurt my knee two weeks ago. I don't play tennis now.
I haven't played tennis since I hurt my knee two weeks ago.
Since I hurt my knee two weeks ago, I haven't played tennis.
1. George lost his job two weeks ago. He is still unemployed.
2. She went to France last week. That was the last time Ispoke to her.
3. Tom and I went to high school together. We're still good friends.
4. Chris sent me a letter a few weeks ago. That was the last time I heard from him.
5. He changed his school last year. Now she's much happier.