Zamek Królewski w Warszawie
Royal lock in Warsaw, ancient royal residence, also a registered office of sovereign powers of the state - of the Seym and numerous crown offices. Monument to history and the Polish art. Situated on the left bank of the Vistula, in the ancient prince's town (XIII-XIV in.). In the Gothic castle team they were major facilities: Large, so-called Tower Castle (around 1. the XIV halves in.), the Large House and the Small House (XV in.) and towers bramne: Court and Crane. In 2. for the XVI half in. a so-called New Royal House was erected (B.G. Quadro). 1598 - stepped 1619 thorough reconstruction of the Castle (G. Trevano, M. Castelli), allocated by the Zygmunt Waza the third for the head office krolewską. He assumed the current shape of the building on the pentagonal plan, with the formal facade from the west, with topped Royal Tower.
From the side of the Vistula a garden was established (after 1625), insides gained the rich baroque decor (1637 - 1642) - among others a Marble room was furnished (J.B. Gisleni, P. Danckers) and stage room (and. Locci, B. Bolzoni). The Swedish invasions (1655 - 1656 and 1704) caused damage and pillage of the Castle. He was rebuilt in Saxon times. During the reign of the III August an eastern wing was raised (1737 - 1746, project of the G. Chiaveri, J.J mouldings. Plersch). The next reconstruction took place for Stanisław of the August of Poniatowski. They drove her J. Fontana, next D. Merlini.
From 1771 a Large luxury apartment was being built with the Marble Study (1771 - 1774) and salami: Ball (1779 - 1783), Knight's (1781 - 1786), Throne and with Conference Study (1783 - 1786, Merlini, J.Ch. Kamsetzer). Also the residential royal apartments were made (1774 - 1777), enveloping rooms: for Mirowska, Prospektowa, Presence and the chapel, the bedroom, the study and the wardrobe. A Royal Library was raised (1779 - 1784, Merlini, Kamsetzer). They made painting decorations: M. Bacciarelli, B. Bellotto called Canaletto, J.B. Plersch, sculpting - and. Le Brun and J. Monaldi. Insides of the Castle from the period of the times of the reign of Stanislaus II 1764-1795 are regarded as the most excellent examples of classicism in Poland.
In the period of disassemblies the Lock yielded to considerable devastation, sets whereas - for dispersion. From 1915, and mainly after regaining independence, restaurant treatments were being conducted (K. Skórewicz, from 1928 and. Szyszko-Bohusz), a part of sets was regained from the USSR. from 1926 the Lock was a registered office of the president. During the II world war entirely destroyed. Rebuilt from public funds: 1971 - 1974 building shell, to 1981 the decoration and equipping interiors. At present he is housing the museum of insides with rich harvests of the painting, the sculpture and the handicraft. Here also formal state celebrations are held.