Last year in July on my holiday I was in Gdańsk with my friend. On Saturday when we drove there, I and my friend went on the beach. It was very sunny. At first we decided to tan, and second to swim. On the beach were a few persons. When I tanned, my friend went to sea, so that swam. Surfs were very big. I didn’t saw them, because I still tanned. In a moment I heard call for help. I was in shock!. Immediately I called for help and I ran to sea. My heart pounded. I was really scared. Lifeguard quickly hastened to help. My friend was very gaunt. Lifeguard rescued my friend. It was horrible survival. In a moment my friend woke up and next we went to our home. They were still shocked, but happy. I knew she was very lucky to be alive.
albo wersja dłuższa
Many years ago in Poland, I had a terrible experience. I always loved the beach and usually spent my summers vacationing at sea resorts.
Twenty years ago, I went to a Polish Baltic Sea resort in a place where I never was before. It was warm; there was early morning sunshine when I came onto the beach .I was surprised because a couple of people were walking on the boardwalk, but nobody walked on the beach. I looked around, and I saw a couple of warning signs with an inscription “STOP! DO NOT GO ON THE BEACH!” I thought, “Why did they put this warning, everything looks safe.” Because I really liked to walk at the shore of the sea and listen to the sound of the waves, I ignored the warning and I went on the beach.
The sand was hard like a shell, but I felt under the sand some softness because the sand’s shell was weighed down by me. In a moment, the sand shell cracked and I sank. I felt something oozy and deep sucking my legs down wards. I panicked I tried to dig myself out, but the harder I tried the more I sank. I was in the sand almost up to my armpits when I thought, “I am going to die. I have only one more chance, and I must stop moving my legs.” I placed both arms on top of the sand, and without moving my legs, I pulled myself up. Slowly, I crawled out of the mud.
Covered with mud right up to my neck, I walked carefully on the beach. I was very scared because the sand could crack at each moment. When I came back to the boardwalk, I looked terrible but was very happy. It was unbelievable I got out safe.
The incident was a very hard life’s lesson. I cannot believe how irresponsible I was. From that day, I never ever ignore any warnings.