1. The thriller derives its thrills from our innate fearfulness; what makes us afraid is the volatile reality we inhabit whose permanence is no longer ensured by God, and the irrational people we have to deal with.
2. Long a draw for its cutting-edge fashion, art and design, London this year added a new attraction to the cool-Britannia line-up.
3. For the 500 or so backpackers who took a bargain-price safari from Kenya and central Africa to South Africa, it was the experience of a lifetime.
4. Dear, you look like you've seen a ghost or something? Whatever's the matter?? You look as though you've just seen a ghost!
5. Ever wanted to eat couscous for breakfast??
6. Now it is known that there is an 80 per cent chance that there is a physical cause of male impotence.
7. James bought a new watch with a leather strap.
8. I have a woolen sweater that I wear in winter.
9. While we were gone, Jenny entertained the whole family singing and dancing.
10. He said the decade after World War II was Canada's golden age.
11. Why don't you stop those climbing one day and settle with your family; do you really think they are as fascinated by those your new adventure as you are??
12. The termites feed almost entirely on vegetable matter.
13. Every one of them was in favour of hanging.
14. In 1846, in Paris, they opened a13-metres high rollercoaster ride with a four-metre loop in it.
15. I have spent all my day in this town.
16. With work stresses increasing, many people seek relief through alternative therapies and, having found it, decide to change their lifestyles and help others do the same.
Nie ułożyłam zdania z riverboat.