1) He doesn't find riding difficult.
It's a piece of cake.
2)He loves cakes and sugary snacks.
He's got a sweet tooth.
3)He's very busy with work and family these days.
He's got a lot on his plate.
4)This book will give him a lot of new ideas to think about.
It will give him food for thought.
PUT THE VERBS IN BRACKETS INTO THE PAST PERFECT SIMPLE OR PAST PERFECT CONTINOUS.
1) When she tasted the soup, she realised she had added(add) sugar unstead of salt!
2)An hour passed before we realised that we had forgotten (forget) to turn on the oven!
3)Sheila had already added(already/add) three spoons of sugar to Jim's coffee when she remembered that he used artifical sweetener.
4)Tony had been cooking(cook) since 10 o'clock for the party when there was a power cut.
5) Grandma had been reading(read) her book for an hour when she smelt something burning.
Complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first. Use no more than three words.
1) Let's go to a nice,relaxing place to eat.
Let's go somewhere nice and relaxing to eat.
2)Sam called the restaurant and resrved a table.
Sam reserved a table after she had called the restaurant.
3)We have run out of salt!
There is no salt left.
4)She doesn't eat fatty foods anymore because she wants to lose weight!
She gave up eating foods to lose weight.
5) There isn't much milk in the fridge.
There is only a little milk in the fridge.