❶ Do you
drink beer ?
- He asked me IF I DRANK BEER.
❷ Did you
play it yesterday ?
- I asked her IF SHE HAD PLAYED THAT YESTERDAY.
❸ Can you stand on your head ?
- She asked him IF HE COULD STAND ON HIS HEAD.
❹ Will you be here tomorrow at 3 ?
- I asked him IF HE WOULD BE HERE THE NEXT DAY AT 3.
❺ Has your mum arrived yet ?
- She asked me IF MY MUM HAD ARRIVED YET.
❻ How long have you learnt English ?
- I asked my teacher HOW LONG HE/SHE HAD
❼ What do you usually read ?
- She asked me WHAT I USUALLY READ.
❽ Where did they go ?
- She wondered WHERE THEY HAD GONE.
❾ When are you coming back ?
- I asked her WHEN SHE WAS COMING BACK.
❿ Why will they quit the job ?
- I wondered WHY THEY WOULD QUIT THE JOB.
❶ Go home!
- He told ME TO GO HOME.
- He told me TO CLOSE THE DOOR.
❸ Open your books.
- The teacher asked his students TO OPEN THEIR BOOKS.
❹ Don’t waste your time!
- He told his son NOT TO WASTE HIS TIME.
❺ Don’t wait for me .
- I told her NOT TO WAIT FOR ME.
❻ Let’s visit the Old Town.
- She suggested OUR VISITING THE OLD TOWN./THAT WE VISIT THE OLD TOWN.
❼ Let’s play beach ball !
- He suggested OUR PLAYING BEACH BALL./THAT WE PLAY BEACH BALL.
❽ Come in but don’t take your shoes off.
- He told the children TO COME IN AND NOT TO TAKE THEIR SHOES OFF.