Match the two parts of each sentence. Then check with the text on gage 60 of the Student's Book.
1. There were only two athletes with a chance
2. At the beginning of the competition, Owens had
3. Owens stepped over
4. Owens beat Long by 27 centimeters and won
5. Adolf Hitler was
6. The first person to shake
7. They stayed
a) friends for the rest.
b) the white line when he jumped.
c) some problems.
d) the gold medal.
e) to win the gold medal.
f) very angry and he left the stadium.
g) hands with Owens was Lutz Long.
Past simple: regular and irregular verbs
a) Unerline the correct words.
1. Did you like the film? I taught/thought/thank it was terrible!
2. Tom wanted/ won/ went an omelette, but we didn't have any eggs.
3. I phoned kate from the station and seed/sayed/said goodbye to her.
4. Thanks for the meal. We really enjoy/enjoyed/ enjoied it.