Christmas Eve is rich in customs and superstitions have magical powers: one of them was non-sewing, weaving, reeling and spinning. Activities were particularly liked by the demons of water, which could attend to wherever the ban violated. To this day, observed that on Christmas Eve did not argue, and show kindness to each other. It survived a superstition that if Christmas morning the first guest in the home will be a young boy, will have a happy year. The hunters of the day traditionally go on the hunt, which will ensure a successful outcome of care for all year hunting patron Saint. Hubert.
Inherent in the Christmas Eve dinner is giving is the gifts, which brings in the Polish tradition of Christmas, depending on the region: St. Santa, angel and Santa Claus. To be also a family tradition of singing Christmas carols. At midnight in the church is a solemn mass called a shepherdess.
Christmas day, from morning to night, especially supports all wrózbom, rituals and mores. Polish folklore in this regard was particularly rich and varied depending on the habits regionu.Niektóre survived to this day.
This tradition derives from the eighth century church. Boniface, converting to Christianity the pagan Franks, had cut a huge oak, which worshiped. Declining oak trees nearby destroyed all but a small sosenki. Holy considered this as a sign of the heavens, and the young green sapling as a symbol of Christ and Christianity. The custom of dressing a Christmas tree in a known form came to us from Germany at the turn of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, Suspended on the eve of the tree ornaments and delicacies were not chosen randomly. And so:
* Apples symbolized health and beauty,
* Nuts wrapped in honey had the wealth and vitality,
* Honey cakes - plenty for next year,
* Wafer strengthen love, concord and harmony in the family,
* Chains reinforce family ties
* Lights and baubles were to protect the house from demons and human hostility
* Asterisk on the top - this memorial and sign the star of Bethlehem to help with the return of family members living outside the home,
* Bells meant good news and joyful events in the family
* Angels - the guardians of the house
Starochińskiej exponents of the art of feng shui recommend suspension for a Christmas tree of small objects, such as a glass bell or prayers, which then can be placed in your room for the rest of the year. Will serve to assist harmony, health and prosperity by strengthening the flow of energy charity. They will not only pride, but charge a specific effect related to the tree, which bestow a feeling and that focuses on positive energy most festive days.
The Anglo-Saxon custom satry is also more and more supporters in our country. Lovers kissing under the mistletoe is warring people are easier to reconcile, and concluded friendship is lasting. According to tradition, branches of mistletoe hangs over the Christmas table, before the advent of the first stars, the front door and over the fireplace or kitchen. Christmas Eve, a bunch of mistletoe should be held throughout the year, otherwise its benevolent power disappears.
Christmas Eve superstitions
1. That day is not to argue, argue, or cry, for discord and sadness are common in the home until the next Christmas Eve.
2. Affected or injury to announce poor health throughout the year
3. If Christmas comes first or call a lucky man dle of the house, and if the woman is a disease, or other unfortunate event.
4. During Christmas Eve should not be too much talk and interrupt others, for next year did not argue and did not reveal the secrets entrusted.
1. Sharing the wafer provides a wealth of bread in the next year and symbolizes the agreement, forgiving and releasing all the oblivion of injuries.
2. Should not get up from the table during the meal. This prohibition does not apply to the hostess or other person administering the table.
3. To the table to sit down by age, and get down to this world in that order.
4. Number of meals should be odd.
5. Each dish should even try, so it does not run out on the table next year.
6. On that date, the following applies: "How on Christmas Eve, so throughout the year."
Therefore, it is good to take in the morning for a lightweight work to be healthy, brisk and busy throughout the year. Do not overwork it.
1. If you want to know whether the new year to fall in love, eat an apple and count the seeds. If the number of pips is even, then the answer is positive, and if the seeds will be more than six, then your happiness will be double.
2. Misappropriation of a trifle brings happiness throughout the year. Of course, the owner must somehow imperceptibly podrzucić. It should not be anything but your loan, because it spells the loss.
3. All debts, as far as possible, it is advisable to ask Eve.
4. It is good to have supper when even a small sum of money, not to suffer for their absence throughout the year.
5. Scales of carp consumed during Christmas Eve, potrmonetce worn throughout the year, attract money.
Preaching forecast for next year
From the midnight mass, which is the first day of Christmas (December 25) until January 6, Epiphany or Christmas, it takes a period popularly called the duodenum. For twelve consecutive days, you can foretell what will the weather in the coming twelve months. So: December 25, predicts the weather for January, 26 in February, 27 in March, 28 April, etc.
Przetłumaczyłam w translatorze,ale nie wiedzę żadnych dziwnych słów... :))