1. Can you type? No, I can’t.
2. What about riding a bike? All right. (albo: OK.) It’s a splendid idea! (albo: It’s an excellent idea!)
3. I would rather play ball. (I’d rather play ball.)
// “football” zamiast “ball”, jeśli chodzi o piłkę nożną
4. Where was your father born? He was born in Łódź. (w skrócie: He’s born in Łódź.)
5. Can I lend your bike, please?
6. Can you lend me your dictionary, please? I’m sorry, I’m using it.
7. Can you turn the radio down, please? (albo: Can you turn down the radio, please?) I’m reading.
8. May I have a glass of water, please? May I get a glass of water, please?
// zamiast “may”, możesz napisać “can”
9. I can swim quite well but I can’t skate.
// zamiast “quite”, możesz napisać “pretty”