1. You meet a friend at the station. He's running to the platform and holding his ticket. He says :
a) I'm going to catch the train to London.
b) I'm catching the train to London .
odp. B !
2. Your ferry is delayed for six hours! You're very angry. You say :
a) I'm going to write a letter of complaint.
b) I'm writing a letter of complaint.
3. Your friend asks you to babysit this evening. You can't help. You say:
a) I'm meeting my friends at the swimming pool at eight .
b) I'm going to meet my friends at the swimming pool at eight .
4. A friend is coming out of the travel agent's with a lot of holiday brochures. You ask where he wants to go on holiday. He says:
a) I think I'm going to visit Scandinavia this year.
b) I think I'm visiting Scandinavia this year.
5. Your friends are packing a tent into the back of their car . they say :
a) We're going camping
b) We're going to go camping.
Zadanie 2 .
Complete the conversation . Use the Present Continuous or going to and the verbs in brackets. Then listen and check .
Tom : Hi Louise !
Louise : Oh, hi Tom ! How are things ?
Tom : We're just packing our suitcases. We're leaving (leave) for the airport in a few minutes.
Louise : Where are you going (you/go) ?
Tom : We're going (go) to Poland for a week .We're flying (fly) to Cracow at midday .
Louise : So are you staying in Cracow all week ?
Tom : No , we're staying (stay) in Cracow for three nights. We've got a reservation in a really nice guest house in the city centre - very good for sightseeing. Then we're going to hike (hike) in the Tatra mountains for a few days. Well, we're not sure yet - it depends on the weather !
Louise : Lucky you! Adam and I are still deciding where we want to go on holiday this year but I think we're going to spend (spend) a week or two in Turkey, maybe in August .