15. What did you do with the corkscrew? The point is broken off. ~ I'm afraid I
used it to make holes in this tin.
16. She have just sold two of her own paintings. ~ She's lucky. I painted for
years and I didn't sell a single picture yet.
17. They're throwing crockery at each other in the next flat. ~ Have this
happened before? ~ Well, they had a good many rows but this is the first time
they threw crockery.
18. What did you do with my typewriter? I can't find it anywhere. ~ Tom just
went off with it. He says he'll bring it back he's finished.
19. He worked for Crow Brothers for forty years and never once was late. The
firm have just presented him with a gold watch as a sign of their appreciation.
20. We mended sheets all morning, but we only did three, and now the sewing
machine broke down, so we'll be even slower with the next one.
21. George have collected matchboxes ever since he left school. Now he collects
so many that he doesn't know where to put them.
22. I looked through my old photograph album. It's full of photographs of
people whose names I've completely forgotten. I wonder what happened to them
23. It was lovely at eleven o'clock, but since then the sky got steadily darker
and the wind rose. I'm afraid the fine spell came to an end.
24. Since he became (the) Mayor, my brother reckons that he ate 30 official
lunches and 22 official dinners, and he lost count of the number of receptions
and parties that he attended. ~ Has he put on a lot of weight?
25. Secretary: Customers rang up all morning complatining about getting
incorrect bills. Manager: I know; something went wrong with our computer. The
mechanick is working on it. I hope he'll find out what's wrong. /Mechanik do
26. Someone were using my umbrella! It's all wet! And it was wet yesterday and the
day before! ~ Well, it wasn't me. I haven't been out of the house for a week!