Sydney - the largest city in Australia, the capital of the state of New South Wales. Founded in 1788, Sydney is Australia's leading financial center, commercial, transport and culture, a popular tourist center and seat of the Archbishopric of the Roman Catholic Church and the Anglican.
* 1788: First European settlement
* 1852: Sydney to give the city rights
* 1855: railway line linking Sydney and Parramatta
* 1870: exhibition of colonial / colonial fairs
* 1879: international exhibitions in Sydney
* 1901: Declaration of the Commonwealth of Australia declared in Sydney (January 1).
* 1932: Operational by the bridge (called Sydney Harbor Bridge)
* 1942: World War II: Attack of Japanese miniature submarine on the port of Sydney
* 1973: completion of the Opera House (called the Sydney Opera House)
* 2000: XXVII Summer Olympics. Lasted from 15 September to 1 October
* 2008: XXIII World Youth Day. Lasting from 14 July to 20 July
Harbor Bridge in the range 495.6 meters was opened March 18, 1932. It is one of the largest arched bridges in the world, due to the form given the nickname "hanger" (coathanger). Enterprise BridgeClimb arrange secured entry to the top of the arc, which are very popular among tourists.
Skyline can be enjoyed from the viewing platform or two curly restaurants. Basically you can admire the views only of the window, and the entrance to the tower preceding detailed security checks. For an additional fee, but you can climb to the top of the structure while maintaining appropriate safety precautions.
About 50 kilometers west of Sydney is one of the most popular symbols of Australia. The name Blue Mountains (called the Blue Mountains) is derived from the steaming eucalyptus oil, which often creates a blue haze over the mountains. The most famous is the Three Sisters mountain formation near the town of Katoomba.
* Sydney FC-only team from Sydney, appearing in the A-League in the 2005-06 season won the championship of the country.
* Sydney City-occurs in NSW Conference League South, four times champion of the country.
* Sydney Olympic-occur in New South Wales Premier League, twice champion of the country.
* Sydney United-occur in New South Wales Premier League.
The main symbols of Sydney is designed and built by Jørn Utzon Opera House. At the scene, there are many world stars such as Barbra Streisand, Celine Dion, Luciano Pavarotti, Helena Vondrackova. The heart of Sydney is relatively small and can be visited on foot. In addition to the Sydney Opera House and Harbor Bridge, it is worthwhile to explore the old town "The Rocks" with the old warehouses in the Gulf of Sydney Cove. Directly at Circular Quay, the central bus station and train station, there is a huge botanical garden, which is bordered by an interesting muzea.W modern commercial center (Cenral Business District) is dominated by skyscrapers. Sydney's tallest building, Sydney Tower, a viewing platform from which you can admire the panorama of the entire entertainment miasta.Centrum so-called "Darling Harbor. Is the area around the port in which there are many restaurants, cafes, IMAX Cinema, Chinese garden and the well-known marine aquarium where you can enjoy, inter alia, rays and sharks, walking frames tunnels. Directly at the aquarium is also a small zoo where you can see kangaroos and bears koala.We eastern part of town is maintained in the Victorian style district of Paddington, which is located near the center of frivolous entertainment, "Kings Cross", as well as Taronga Zoo - one of the most zoos in the world.
mogą być błędy, ale raczej w 90% jest dobrze ;)