On 3rd April 1974 the US had a 'Super Outbreak' of tornadoes. Between 2.00pm and 10.00pm 148 tornadoes (1) began in 13 different states in the US. These (2) included six F5 tornadoes - the fastest and most dangerous type of tornado.
The first F5 tornado (3) hit Ohio. It (4) killed 33 and injured 1150 people. The tornadoes (5) traveled more than 1500 miles across the US and (6) didn't stop until 8.00am the next day.
1. What time did began 148 tornadoes ?
2. How many tornades were in 13 different states in the US ?
There were 148.
3. Where was the first F5 tornado ?
It hit Ohio.
4. How far did travel the tornadoes ?
More than 1500 miles.
5. When did stop tornadoes ?
At 8.00am the next day.
1. Earthquakes destroy buildings.
2. Rain falls cites.
3. People lose their lives.
4. Cars crash into trees.
5. Water rises quickly.
6. Snow buries houses and people.
7. Rescue teams find survivors.