The palace of Culture and the Science ( the PKiN, previously the Palace of Culture and the Science them. Stalina's Joseph) – the highest building in Poland, in centre of Warsaw on square of March pasts. Property of capital city of Warsaw. The municipal company administers with object " the Board of Palace of Culture and the Science" the Sp. from about.about.
Built in three years and devoted to use in 1955. Raised as gift of Soviet nation for Polish nation he, the building is work of Soviet the Lion's architect the Rudniewa, be inspired chicagowskimi the and moskiewskimi buildings. Art is mixture Architektonicznie déco, socrealizmu and Polish historyzmu. At present seat of many firms as well as the institution of public usefulness, such how the cinema the, theatres, the bookshop, academies (m.in. the Collegium the Civitas), the scientific institutions. The here also different type of exhibition be organized and the markets, m.in. from 1958 International Markets of Book. The hall be comprises in him the konferencyjno - spectacular on 3000 persons (tzw. the Congress Hall) the, Museum of Technique, of Museum of Evolution PAN as well as the Palace of Youth together with from pool.
Before main entry (from side Marshal's ul.) they are two sculptures: Adam Mickiewicza of Stanisław's chisel the Horno - the Popławskiego as well as the Nicolaus Kopernika of Ludwiki's authorship the Nitschowej.