The Florian Gate (St. Florian's Gate) in Kraków is one of the best-known Gothic towers in Poland, and a focal point of Kraków's Old Town.The Gate tower is 33.5 meters tall.
St. Florian's Gate was built about the 1300s as a rectangular Gothic tower of "wild stone - part of the city fortifications that had been developed by Prince Leszek II the Black, who had issued a permit for erection of defenses in 1285. The Gate was manned by the Krakow Furriers Guild in anticipation of Turkish attack on the city. According to records, by 1473 there were 17 towers defending the city; a century later, there were 33. Also, in 1565–66 a municipal arsenal was built next to the Florian Gate.