Bob got a good job łast September and he's earning a łot of money.
Say what has happened since then. Here are some prompts.
1. Rent a bigger house. (they)
2. Visit their friends in Italy. (they)
3. Stop working. (Betty)
4. Spend a lot of money on clothes. (they)
I 5. Buy a new Jaguar. (John)
6. Not borrow any money. (they)
7. Take Betty out several times. (John)
8. Throw away all her old clothes. (Betty)
Put in since or for:
1. I haven 't seen her ... January.
2. They have lived in that house … twenty five years.
3. We haven't been there… Monday.
4. He has had this car …..two months.
5. They've known the Browns........ more than a year.
6. I've been here ……eight o'clock.
Write the correct form of the verb:
1. I never (be) to England.
2. I (not be) to England since 1992.
3. I (be) in England two years ago.
4. He (see) John three times since December.
5. He (not see) John for ten months.
6. He (not see) John last month.
7. She (work) as a secretary for two years.
8. She (work) as a secretary since last year.
9. She (work) as a secretary when she was in London.
10. We (have) this car for a year.
11. We (have) this car since 1991.
12. We (have) this car in' 1992.
Put the verbs in the Present Tense or the Future Simple Tense.
l. She… (be) a dentist if she … (pass) her exam. 2. They… (go) to a private school if their parents … (have) enough money. 3. She… (go) to Scotland if Bob … (invite) her. 4. He… (start) working if he … (leave) school this year. 5. If ... (not write) the letter today, she ... (not get) it in time.
6. to take /they/did/job/this/decide/when?
Translate the following sentences into English.
1. Nigdy nie byłem za granicą.
2. Właśnie skończyłem obiad.
3. Umyję samochód, jeśli ty nie masz czasu.
4. On ci pomoże, jeśli go poprosisz.
5. Ojciec Toma pracuje w fabryce od pięciu lat.
6. Ona zdała maturę dwa lata temu.
7. Nigdy nie widziałem tak dobrej sztuki w tym teatrze.