Choose the correct tenses
1. Dad broke a glass while he was washing up.
2. The ground was wet when I left the house in the morning. It rained during the night.
3. 'Why were you out the rain'? 'I brought in the washing'.
4. When I arrived home, my mum helped me with my homework.
5. After we worked for an hour, we stopped for a rest.
6. Tom was driving home when he srashed the car.
7. My dad got up, had breakfast and went to work.
8. I had headache because I hadn't eaten since the day before.
Complete the text. Use the past simple, the past continuous and the past perfect form of the verb in brackets.
It was about a week after my third birthday. My aunt 1.gave me a new doll as a present and while I 2.was playing with it, I 3.noticed that my dolls were all quite dirty in comparsion. I 4.decided to give them a bath. When I washed5. them all, I 6.took them outside and 7.put them on the grass. I was a warm day and the sun 8.was shining. While I 9.was waiting for the dolls to dry. I 10.heard a shout from inside, so I 11.looked in through the window. Water 12.was pouring down from the kitchen ceiling onto the floor. I 13.didn`t turn the taps off in the bathroom. I remember that my dad was really angry because he 14.decorated the kitchen the previous week.