* 2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
* 3/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 cup shortening
* 4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/4 cup butter, softened
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water.
2. Stir in sugar, salt, eggs, shortening, and 2 cups of flour. Beat until smooth. Mix in remaining flour until smooth. Scrape dough from side of bowl. Knead dough, then cover it and let rise in a warm place until double (about 1-1/2 hours).
3. Punch down dough. Divide in half. Roll each half into a 12-inch circle. Spread with butter. Cut into 10 to 15 wedge. Roll up the wedges starting with the wide end. Place rolls with point under on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise until double (about 1 hour).
4. Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 12-15 minute or until golden brown. Brush tops with butter when they come out.