1. Put the verbs in brackets into the past simple or the past continuous.
1.Susan 'wrote' (write) a long letter yesterday.
2.Mark 'was cooking' (cook) dinner when the phone 'rang' (ring).
3. Paul 'didn't go '(not/go) out yesterday.
4. He 'was eating' (eat) breakfast when he 'heared' (hear) a knock on the window.
5. The children 'were playing' (play) in the park when it started to rain,
6. What 'were you doing' (you/do) when he 'called' (call) you last night?
7.'Did you have' (you/have) a good time at the party?
8. John didn't type (not/type) all the letters yesterday.
9. '''Did he break' (she/break) her arm while she was 'skiing' (ski)?'' ''Yes.''
10.First she cleaned (clean) the house, then she washed (wash) the dishes. After that, she went (go) shopping.
2. Wstaw : in, for, at, into, to, over.
1. The farm is set 'at' 100 acres.
2. John was waiting 'for' Mary when it started raining.
3.Tim slipped and fell 'into' the water.
4.Can't you 'at' least help me with the dishes?
5.It was exciting to fly 'over' the desert.
6.Sally waved goodbay 'to' Peter and left.
7. He could see a light 'in' the distance,
8.Look! There are footprints 'in' the sand.