Malbork Castle is the former seat of the Order of the Blessed Virgin Mary of the German House in Jerusalem, popularly known as Teutonic, while the religious capital of the state. It is also the largest brick structure in the world.
Construction of the oldest part of the Malbork Castle - Castle High started in the years 1274-1275, when it built its surrounding walls. Construction of the internal wing continued to 1300. Following the collapse of the Palestinian Akkonu decision was made to end the transfer order to the government of Prussia. For this reason, in the years 1295-1302 was built perimeter walls the Middle Castle and the 1330 years other buildings were erected there, including Great Refectory and the Grand Master's Palace. Even in the first half of the fourteenth century church of the castle was extended and the chapel of St. Anne located in the High Castle. In an external niche of the church on the east side is set to 8-meter high statue of the Virgin Mary covered with colorful mosaics. Since the turn of the thirteenth and fourteenth century began, lasting over half a century, including the construction of economic Fore the Karwan, granary, brewery, bakery and St. Nicholas Church. Lawrence. In parallel with the successive stages of the construction of numerous sustainable rebuilding and decorating. The castle has some damage during the siege of 1410, which have been rectified in subsequent years.