I Choose the correct answer
1. Children usually pick ..... new words very quickly. (down - up - in)
2. She ..... that dress herself, didn't she? (did - make - made)
3. Look, you have ..... another mistake. (made - done - written)
4. I'm looking forward ..... you. (to meet - to be meeting - to seeing)
II Use the verbs in the brackets into a proper form.
1. Would you mind..... (help) me now?
2. Peter and Brad wanted ..... (try) out their surf-boards.
3. Who..... (you/laugh) at just now?
4. I really dislike ..... (work) on Saturday.
III Underline the correct word.
1. An owl is active on/at night.
2. She is at/on a diet now.
3. In this picture he is standing behind/next me
4. Mineral water is good to/for your health.
5. He gave in/up smoking.
IV Put a/an, the or "-"
1. The shop sells almost everything from ... butter to ballpens.
2. They are studying.... history of Poland.
3. Have you ever read... Bible?