Zadanie 1. Underline the correct alternative.
1. I wastoo tired yesterday to do any housework.
2. I don't remember that book well. I have read it many years ago.
3. We haven't seen her since Christmas.
4. His collection of stamps is really impressive. I wonder how many he has collected so far.
5. We couldn't get anywhere near the stage during the concert because the hall was so crowded.
6. It's a really long time since he last visited us.
7. A: Mum, I'm hungry.
B: Kate! You ate no more than a few minutes ago.
8. A: I don’t feel well.
B: That's because you have eaten so many chocolates!
9. She has been afraid of dogs since Blackie, our uncle's dog, bither.
10. I was ill last week.
zadanie 2. Put the verbs below into the gaps and complete the short answers as in the example.
Example: What about your homework ? Have you finished it ? Yes, I have.
did , was , were , have , has
1. I'm back at last!Did John call while I was out? No, he didn't.
2.Was she surprised to hear the news? Yes, she was.
3. Where's Sean? Has he left yet ? Yes, he has.
4. I suppose you got back quite late last night.Were your parents worried?
Yes, they were.
5. I don't think I know that man in the corner. Have you seen...?
No, I haven't.
zadanie 3.Napisz pytania szczegółowe do podkreślonych części zdania.
1. Where did he lived for five years?
He lived in Italy for five years. Then he moved to Greece.
2. How long has he lived in Greece?
He has lived in Greece for two years.
3. How much money have you spent this week?
I've already spent 40$ this week.
4. Where have you spent the night?
We spent the night at a small guesthouse.
5. When did she phone?
She phoned only a few minutes ago.
6. How long have you known her??
I've known them since we were kids.
zadanie 4.Put the verbs in the brackets in the correct forms of Present Perfect or Past Simple.
1. Mary and Frank (a) had their first argument yesterday. It's surprising because they (b) have been married for five years.
2. We (c) visited some interesting places yesterday but we (d) haven't seen the lighthouse yet.
3. Kate (e) hada car crash last year. She (f) has been afraid to drive ever since.
4. John (g) haven't had a single sweet since he (h) stoped eating sweets last month.
5. Greg likes games. He (i) have collected lots of cards to play those games. He also (j) went to a special camp last summer.
zadanie 5.Używając czasów Present Perfect i Past Simple, połącz podane zdania za pomocą spójnika since.
I hurt my knee two weeks ago. I don't play tennis now.
I haven't played tennis since I hurt my knee two weeks ago.
Since I hurt my knee two weeks ago, I haven't played tennis.
1. George lost his job two weeks ago. He is still unemployed.
George has been unemployed since he lost his job two weeks ago.
2. She went to France last week. That was the last time Ispoke to her.
I havent' spoken to her, since she went to France.
3. Tom and I went to high school together. We're still good friends.
Tom and I have been good friends since we went to high school together.
4. Chris sent me a letter a few weeks ago. That was the last time I heard from him.
I haven't heard from Chris since he sent me a letter.
5. He changed his school last year. Now she's much happier.
He have been much happier since he changed his school.